whitewash

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recycled Swap

Our small group from the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild held another swap last week. It was to fit on a 8 1/2 by 11 inch acrylic frame and be made with something recycled. The idea of putting it on the frame was great. You just make the quilt and bind it with a sleeve that the frame fits into. Very fast and easy.

I did my swap out of the new Denyse Schmidt line. It was a recent topic on twitter and blogs and Ellyn decided we needed some since there was a bit of controversy involved. Using the flip and stitch method made the quilting so easy. My daughter doesn't realize I used one of her t-shirts as my recycled requirement. The flower and the BLOOM were made from the back of a her shirt.



Angie loves to embroider and I was the lucky one this time to receive one of hers. The hexagons are from one of her antique shopping adventures. The saying is perfect for this time of year and I love how it looks vintage.


Richard claims these Crown Royal bags were given to him. What a great way to re-purpose these nice bags. And we all know who is the best quilter around so, of course, his quilting is amazing!


Just by looking at these colors, those who know Sarah would pick this one out as hers in a heartbeat. I definitely have to try a dresden plate someday. The recycled buttons are perfect for the center.


Janet was working on some blocks awhile back not knowing what she was going to do with them. She decided to chop them up and use them for this swap. I love how modern it looks with the clean lines.


Swaps are really fun and it is nice having to play by a few rules. We had a great time at our small group and we looking forward to playing again in July. With Quilt Market coming up, our group is busy scoping out how they are going to stock the stores so we are taking a small swap break.

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

they are all wonderful! Do you think your daughter will notice the back of her tshirt is missing before she wears it again? If I see a girl walking the neighborhood in half a shirt I'll send her home to you